Friday, July 29, 2011

Year 2 - Day 209 - July 29

I'll blog more in depth about this book for my official book blog, but I realized it hadn't been a picture of the day here yet because of all my vacation pictures. I read this book on the plane on the way to CA and then finished it up over the first couple evenings. It is fantastic. The author has a knack for writing non-fiction in an easy to read narrative style. The story is about an olympic runner from the 30's who is then in WWII. I'm so glad that the author had extensive footnotes and endnotes, because my reaction to reading it was similar to "Million Little Pieces" and we all know how that wound up... I'd put this book up in the top 5 I've read in as long as I can remember.

Something little that doesn't have a ton to do with the overall plot ... I never thought about how Olympians got to the games before planes. There's a small interesting section about that that for some reason has really stuck in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment