Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Year 2 - Day 207 - July 27

Today was soooooo long. We spent our morning attempting to hunt down a bottle of Pliney The Elder to bring home for Jeff. We went to the brewery website & found the distributer, and then followed the list down El Camino Real stopping in the stores on the list. Everyone was out. Eventually a friendly guy at Whole Foods explained that their shipments last less than a day. Sadly, we did see a bottle in a convenience store in the city over a week ago, but we didn't want it to ride around in the hot car all week. If we had known it would be the only bottle we'd see, we would have taken the risk!

We had lunch at Go Bistro in Terminal 1 of SFO. Neither of us was expecting much, since we were in an airport, but we both really liked our meal. How often does that happen? I had some kind of rice and pork bowl and he had the most disgusting looking eel sandwich ever. But he said it was great. I think eel is pretty gross looking to start with, but at least in sushi it's in small pieces. His sandwich was long and skinny with giant slices of eel. EW.

Our first flight from SFO to PHX was uneventful, but had some cool scenery. As soon as they let us use electronics, I got a shot of the city disappearing ...
And then we flew right over Stanford ...
And finally over Moffet Air Field/Base/whatever, home of the coolest looking hangars ever. (I'm told they are for blimps.)
Google's complex is in there too, next to the airfield, but I only know that because I have looked at it in map form. :)

Our 2nd flight from PHX-BWI had wifi! It was my first time having wifi on a plane, and I loved it. I used the map to watch where we were the whole time. I'm a dork, I know. But it made the time go by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment