Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Year 2 - Day 206 - July 26

We spent much of today in Palo Alto visiting my brother on and near the Stanford Campus. (Did you know Mike Mussina went to Stanford? Just saying.) The first thing we did was meet him at Slider Bar Cafe on University Ave. I love that the world is adding pulled pork sliders to their menus, because I love pulled pork ever so much more than burgers. Plus their decorations reminded me of Trivial Pursuit. After lunch it was time for the beer we'd been sent to the west coast to locate, Pliney the Elder.
Mike said it was good, but since hard core IPAs aren't his thing it wasn't mindblowing. To finish our afternoon, we meandered all over campus. There happens to be a ladies tennis tournament going on this week, and we found Serena Williams practicing under the watchful eye of her dad.
I really liked Stanford's campus, it reminded me a lot of my first college in the desert. For dinner tonight we went to Calafia which is proud to claim Google's chef as their own. (Google has a chef?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment