Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Year 2 - Day 193 - July 13

Years ago I started cutting out squares with the intention of making a quilt like thing out of my old shirts. I had so, so many tee shirts and other things that were mementos but I didn't wear anymore. This week, my sewing machine and corresponding bucket of things were out for another purpose, so I decided to keep sewing. The first several sets of strips went well, and then I got lazy. I didn't put as many pins in this strip and about half way down the squares stopped being lined up. Lesson learned. It's boring and slow and annoying to put in the pins, but nowhere near as boring and slow and annoying as it is to take out 44 inches of wrong sewing. :)

Visible in this chunk: Hard Rock Cafe shirts from Vegas & Baltimore, a shirt from when the Orioles were in the playoffs, a piece of our clarinet shirt from UD marching band, my green Rent teeshirt from the first time I saw it on Broadway, and a piece of our high school marching band golf shirt. (Which totally explains why I couldn't find it for the marching band show in October!!!)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you would cut up a Rent t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe...I cut them up years ago, so when I was sewing I kept thinking, THERE's that shirt!!!

    ReplyDelete