Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Year 2 - Day 185 - July 5

I read this book over the weekend, right after I read “What Alice Forgot.” It was mentioned in the same NYTimes article about summer reading, I guess because they had a similar amnesia theme. In this one, when the story begins, Christine already has amnesia. She wakes up confused in bed, and the guy seems to be unconcerned with her condition. He just reminds her that he’s her husband Ben and gives her a tour of the house. This is the daily routine for Ben because Christine loses her memory every night when she goes to sleep. Christine’s doctor encourages her to keep a journal of her days, but when stories in the journal conflict with what someone tells her, Christine doesn’t know who to believe or trust. I personally thought this book was much better than What Alice Forgot, however, they’re different genres. The other one was more “Chic Lit” and this one is more a mystery. I wanted to renew it so my mom could read it, but there was a waiting list at the library so it wasn’t possible. I decided to just pay the 25 cents and keep it an extra day so she could read it last night and tonight. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment