Monday, July 11, 2011

Year 2 - Day 191 - July 11

It's here! It's here! Our brand new stove! It's so nice to finally be rid of the 1987 special. Although, what are the chances that this one will still be going strong in 24 years? I'm so excited to have a glasstop again. Or maybe I'm more excited to have a window to see the food. Or maybe I'm excited to have a burner that is as big as the pots. Or maybe I'm more excited to have the hidden element back again so that if I spill something in the oven it's easy to clean. I just can't decide which feature I love the most!

So now that we've determined and solidified that I do love the stove we picked out, a few facts. When I bought my townhouse appliances, the sales guy was SO helpful. He taught me a lot, and he actually saved me some money with his knowledge. I came out of that transaction really liking Sears. Between our washer/dryer hunt last fall and this oven purchase, I now have done a 180 on my Sears feelings. We have wanted a stove for awhile, so every time there is a sale nearby we go and check it out. I had my eye on a similar model for quite some time, mostly because it's the one we had in the townhouse and I loved it. However, when we stopped by the Sears in the Columbia mall to look at it last week, this one caught our eye. While we were looking at it, a young salesman came over to us, TURNED HIS BACK TO ME, and said directly to Mike, "Sir, do you have any questions?" Mike said not at that moment. I'm glad, because the dude ticked me off. Seriously? Later, after we had finished bouncing between 2 other stoves & this one, we TRIED to get someone to come talk to us. I finally got a lady to come over, but she answered us in one word sentences. I got so annoyed that we just left.

Fast forward a couple days to 9pm. After doing the research to pick which one we really wanted and seeing that the next sale was going to be nowhere near as good as this one, we decided to pounce. It made me glad that we were going to another Sears to ensure that neither person from Columbia would get our commission business! We checked the website & saw that our local Sears was open just for another half hour and we raced to the store. We walked directly to a woman and asked to buy the thing, and she still wasn't very friendly because she wanted to sell us a more expensive one. Really? We just walked in basically off the street and gave you a sale and you're going to pout?

Oh well. We got the stove we wanted, and it's a Kenmore so Sears was our only option, and I love it, and that's the best part. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment