Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Year 2 - Day 199 - July 19

I have both been terribly excited and terribly terrified of this day's activity since I came up with the crazy idea. I'm not a huge fan of bridges and I'm not that athletic, so the fact that I wanted to ride a bike up and down some big hills with a big suspension bridge in the middle made me think twice about my sanity! But we did it. The bridge got closer...


And then we were on it and the city was very tiny...

And then we were on the other side in Sausalito.
I thought about buying this shirt, but I didn't.

We cheated & took the ferry back, rather than do the ride in reverse. I was totally ok with that.

Today, I got really smart. I asked at the bike shop for the FLATTEST way back to Union Square. We shaved more than 20 minutes off our walk time from the previous two days. It's just a pain to get back from downtown. It's easy in the morning to hop on the cable car outside our hotel and ride to the wharf or wherever we're going because it's early in the morning and nobody's out yet. But in the afternoon the lines are super long and the cars run on a schedule rather than when they have a full car. Perhaps tomorrow we'll take the bus. Who knows. For dinner, we met one of my oldest friends from summer camp for dinner. We've lived on different coasts for most of the last 10 years, so we don't see each other very often and hadn't hung out since the wedding 3 years ago. He just so happens to work down the street from the baseball stadium, so it worked out well. We finished our night at the Giants/Dodgers game surrounded by people in Panda hats. The Giants won, the game was fun and quick - I always forget how different AL & NL games really are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment