Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Year 2 - Day 186 - July 6


More than a year ago, we bought our new house. The first week, maybe even before our furniture was here, we picked a nice green to do the kitchen/family room area. Even before it was done drying, I decided I did not like the color. The light in these rooms varies so much throughout the day, and the angles make lots of shadows. I liked the green in the shadows, but not the light. I decided recently to change just the family room. We went with gray (grey? I can never remember which one to use. It’s one of my serious grammar issues.)  walls and white trim. I like the gray on the chip, but it of course changes a lot with light too. At first, the only place it looked not-white was on the ceiling where we smudged a little. Then it changed colors several times throughout the day as it dried and the sun moved and went down. In the evening it’s almost purple. It definitely shows its tint next to the white switch plate covers! Oh well, it works. It is at least a nice calming color!

No comments:

Post a Comment