Monday, August 22, 2011

Year 2 - Day 233 - August 22

Recently, I found a dress I loved through Pinterest. Clicking on it led me to Etsy! The creator of the dress was on maternity leave so I was unable to make an impulse buy. Weeks went by, however, and she came back to work. After that time, I decided I still wanted the dress. I really don't spend a lot of money on clothes so I decided to treat myself. I am so excited to learn how to make the dress do different things! I messed with it the day it came, but took it off and put it back in the bag to keep it safe from cat hair. It's wrinkle free so the bag is a handy holder for now. The cat LOVES the dress because it has long straps that (to him) signify play time. ;)

The dress is my Etsy success story. However, I also have a serious Etsy Seller Fail going on right now. Back in the spring/early summer I ordered onesie stickers for a friend's baby shower. They came quickly and they were done very well. I was in need of another set over the summer. Rather than use the same seller as before (dumb move, Self!) I found a different seller because I liked the design better. Although the seller's shop was relatively new, she had 100% positive rating. Also, this was an offshoot of a more established shop she started awhile back. That shop also had 100% positive ratings, and was huge. I took the chance and went for it. The shop policies stated that it would take 2 weeks for delivery. Fine. I ordered the stickers. I messaged the seller a few days later to confirm they had received my order, because the charge went through on PayPal. She didn't respond, but since the charge went through I went with the flow. At the 10 day mark I messaged her again, asking when she estimated the shipping date to be since 2 weeks was approaching. No response. On Day 11 I sent a message through the larger shop thinking maybe she forgot about the little one. No response. On day 13 it still hadn't shipped. Also on day 13, 3 people posted negative "non delivery" reports on the shop. I decided to do the same. I also filed a non-delivery claim. Several days later, she finally contacted me and asked me if I wanted her to ship them or give me a refund. I asked for the refund. More than a week later, I'm still waiting. Several other negative reviews have gone up, bringing her down to a 50% approval rating. The same thing is starting to happen on her bigger store, as well. So obviously something is happening to keep her from being able to get her work done. I know you can close stores for awhile because the dress girl did it, so I don't know what is up with sticker lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment