Monday, August 1, 2011

Year 2 - Day 212 - August 1

I spent about 8 hours today working on financial things for an organization that I am the treasurer of. I was pin-pointing details and looking at pennies and making spreadsheets, all things I love to do. It's easier to be objective with the organization's money than it is with our household money because emotions stay out of it. I could do that with our family money, but personal needs & wants are different than organizational needs & wants. It's always easier to deal with logic & reason than emotion! :) But I have beautiful matchy binders with post-its telling me things and spreadsheets to match. My math brain was glad for the workout because it doesn't get used very much as a librarian. :) I should have taken a "during" picture - every inch of the floor & desk in the office was a pile or chart of something different. I probably should have done it on a day Mike was at work since I took over the whole computer room, but he enjoyed the excuse to play Xbox for hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment