Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Year 2 - Day 227 - August 16

This is my August book club book and it occurred to me yesterday that while I had both the physical AND Overdrive versions in my possession, I hadn't read it. Luckily it was mostly light reading and I got it done really quickly. CeeCee is a 12 year old girl growing up in Ohio in the late 1960's. Her life isn't easy - her mother is mentally ill and her father is a traveling salesman who travels more than he's home. When tragedy falls, CeeCee moves with her Great Aunt to Savannah, Georgia and quickly becomes part of southern society. I enjoyed the book for a quick read, but I wished it had gone further. Once the author sets the scene, the action is set from the last day of school until the first day of school over one summer. I wanted it to keep going into the school year to see what happened. While I thought the book was decent, I was extremely surprised to see that it has over a 4 star average on Amazon.

There are more books in my house to read - Tina Fey, for example ... but tonight is my LAST non-school night of the summer! How did that happen!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment