Sunday, August 7, 2011

Year 2 - Day 218 - August 7

When we got 3 zucchini with our crop share this week, I decided that I'd try to make zucchini bread. I googled, facebooked, and tweeted and decided to go with this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/moms-zucchini-bread/detail.aspx

After I grated the zucchini I opted to toss it in the food processor to get the pieces as small as possible. I'm glad I did because the one hunk I bit into in my finished product added a lot of bitterness to that bite. It didn't taste like vegetable, but it wasn't sugary goodness like the other bites.

All in all, it's decent, and I'd eat it again. I think it tastes a lot like the Amish Friendship Bread that uses vanilla pudding. (Mostly because flour, sugar, and cinnamon are the main ingredients of both!) I do prefer banana bread, but neither one is all that healthy so I won't be eating either on a daily basis. :)

My picture shows why I don't bake more often! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment