Friday, August 5, 2011

Year 2 - Day 216 - August 5

We got to visit our Stampin Up friends last night at the new catalog open house. It's always so fun and easy to visit with them. I was disappointed to miss July's meeting due to vacation, but I had a ton of fun looking through all the goodies our consultant got at the convention. She even got us all bags! (See picture.) The pile of things she brought home was gigantic and I can't wait to use everything.

I never really understood people's complaints about the cost of our library conference/convention because as the treasurer, I see that we are just charging people what it costs to host the show. But when I found out that it's the same cost to go to the fancy Stampin Up convention as it is to go to our little library one, it all started to get clearer. Maybe because they're such a big show they can save by getting things in bulk, and they are a company hosting rather than a tiny non profit which I'm sure helps. But I spend a LOT of time looking for ways to make ours more affordable and have run out of fat to trim!

No comments:

Post a Comment