Thursday, May 24, 2012

Year 3 - Day 145 - May 24

After spending about a week hemming and hawing, I have finally decided to move the books around in the room. Previously, the books were organized based on the physical space available. For example, the 600's were all on an island book shelf by themselves. However, there were too many books for that zone. It was a hard mental shift to get ready for, but with signage I think the kids will survive. They'll also find lots of new-to-them books in the fall when they walk to the cookbook shelf and it's now farming books! :) I put my hands on thousands of books during the shift, and spent lots of time doing it since I was weeding as I went. After also moving all the mulch this week, my arm muscles have declared a strike and are going on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment