Friday, May 11, 2012

Year 3 - Day 132 - May 11

We went to Chopstix for dinner tonight. I thought I had mentioned this before, but I can't find it anywhere so maybe I didn't. So without further ado, here's why it's cool that we went to Chopstix tonight.

When I was little, our go-to local Chinese place was Lee's. It was down the street, everyone in our family liked it. We didn't do the take out thing when I was little - if we were going out, we ate at the restaurant. For this reason, I'd guess they didn't know our names. They definitely knew us as a family though, since it was a small place.

My friend Sarah's family was the opposite. They did take out from the same place. When you stop by to pick up take out, you of course have to give them your name. Therefore they get to know you, right? Right.

So years and years ago, Sarah & I went to a new (at the time) restaurant in White Marsh called Chopstix. When we walked in, the hostess knew Sarah's name and her favorite takeout order from Lee's! Turns out the family branched out.

Then a year or so ago I noticed a Chopstix up here, too! I didn't think much of it at the time, because Chopstix is a common Chinese Food restaurant name, and in fact I saw the exact same sign/logo at a place near my parents house in AZ. But then I read a writeup and they mentioned that it was the same family. So here I am, 32+ years old, eating food from the same family that got me hooked on Chinese when I was little.

Of course as the picture shows, Mike prefers his Asian cuisine raw and rolled up with veggies and rice. There is seriously a skinned eel on top of that thing. GROSS. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment