Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Year 3 - Day 137 - May 16

One of my cousins is having a baby. Well, his wife is if you want to be technical about it. Which I think is fair, because he just has to stand there. :)

It's a boy. Well, it's supposed to be. Hopefully the ultrasound is right. :)

I've made these before, but I'm getting better at using the Cricut to make little things.

The Cricut direction books are better than they used to be too. The color coding helps so I know how many pieces I need to make with each color.

Planning the books out ahead of time helps too, because I know how much of each color I need for backgrounds, numbers, and words.

 I just got a book of random (Non Stampin Up) baby paper from Michaels to use as the mats for the photo snapshots that the parents-to-be will add to the book as the first year goes by.

 One book I made was backwards and used the patterned paper as the background, but in retrospect that wasn't the best idea because the pages are pretty busy.


 I box the album (it's 8x8), the onesie stickers, and four (0-3mo, 3-6mo, 6-9mo, and 12mo) onesies together to make it look like a nice gift. I have found that in a regular size shirt box, you can fit the album on 2/3 or so, and then roll each of the onesies up and the four rolls fill in the remainder of the space. Then you can just pop the stickers on the top or bottom. I completely stole this idea from the girl I carpool with, but I've made them all a little different. This was my fourth one I realized today, because I only have one of each size onesie left! 





No comments:

Post a Comment