Sunday, May 13, 2012

Year 3 - Day 134 - May 13

Last year, we hosted Mother's Day. This year we went to my brother and sister-in-law's house to celebrate with her family and siblings as well. It was nice not to have to clean our house for a get-together. :) I gotta say though, today kicked my butt. I was totally not expecting that. I mean, last year we celebrated with Mike's mom and family and it was nice. I was a little sad because I had recently had my miscarriage, but it wasn't like I would have been a mother yet on the actual day. This year I would have been. I guess that snuck up in the back of my brain or something because it was a rough day. But we had lots of moms at our party and I hope they enjoyed their son or son-in-law grilling their dinner and the opportunity to not clean THEIR houses for a get-together! :)

In other news, I can't figure out our rose bush. Every year it is green, leafy, and beautiful after the winter is over. Then, it gets little tiny rose buds everywhere. THEN, all the leaves turn yellow, get black spots, and fall off in about 72 hours. The next day, the roses bloom and the leaves are all gone. It's the weirdest thing. I'm sure it's some kind of rose fungus because of the black spots, but I find it fascinating that it all happens the day the flowers bloom.So here we are, nice and pink, with a few leaves peeking through the back on branches that haven't produced blooming flowers yet. (Oh yeah, it happens by branch. Even weirder!)

No comments:

Post a Comment