Saturday, May 12, 2012

Year 3 - Day 133 - May 12

I realize there isn't much to see here, and I'm sad about that, but the room was dark and I was working with an old iPhone camera so oh well. This morning I had a hot stone massage. I've never had a massage before because of the fibro. I've been too scared to let anyone push or knead anything! I read up on hot stone massages and found out it wasn't a kneading kind, so I signed up. I'm sure if you're into a deep tissue massage that you would find a hot stone one boring and useless, but I loved it. It was more about long lengthening movements and letting the heat relax you. For about 2 hours afterwards, I felt ZERO pain. Do you know how long its been since I felt zero pain? I honestly couldn't tell you, but I'd go with 1996 if I had to make a rough estimate. I mean, I function just fine in day to day life because eventually you just get used to a new baseline level of pain, but I'm talking ZERO pain. It was amazing. I was actually depressed when it came back because I thought for a moment that I had solved all the worlds problems with that one massage.

Now I just need a second or third job so that I can get one every day!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. or every two hours :) I'm sure you can get stones and heat them up, then just get Mike to put the stones on you.

    ReplyDelete