Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Year 3 - Day 4 - January 4




Today, I solved a problem that has been plaguing car owners since the beginning of car ownership. You know what I'm talking about. You wake up one day, and your car makes a noise. It happens intermittently until eventually it's a 24/7 issue. Since you're a busy person, you wait until that moment to call the car place. By the time you get there, it's a couple days later. You pull into the shop, (I'm sure you know where this is going), and the noise magically stops. The mechanic pulls everything apart but finds nothing wrong. You stand there, trying your best with your limited human noises to recreate the sound to no avail. So of course, you go home- where the noise stops again. :)

I'm not at the 24/7 stage yet, not by a long shot. But when I start my car in the cold (like the 14 degree weather this morning) it makes a terrible sound for 10-20 seconds. Once the car is on though, it takes hours for the car to cool enough to make it happen again. The car place is far enough away that the car will be warm by when I get there, so .... I made a recordng with my cell phone when I turned it on this morning.

Maybe you're thinking "duh" because you've thought of this plan before, but I was happy to think of a way to solve my problem. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment