Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Year 3 - Day 24 - January 24

Look! Blue lines! There are green lines too, if you look at the top! These are the signs that FIOS is coming to our house. I have wanted FIOS for awhile, because I do think it's a better product than Comcast. However, I couldn't justify the increase in price and decrease in services. We have been getting Comcast's promotional rate for 2 1/2 years. For less than $100, we had digital TV & a DVR on the big TV, 2 extra TV's, HBO, Showtime, and Internet. That was really an excellent deal and worth putting up with the spotty internet from time to time in my opinion. However, they finally refused to continue us on the promotional rate. Even if we dropped Showtime & HBO we were still going to go up significantly. So, enter FIOS. My biggest FIOS issue is having to pay for the upstairs TV, even if I just want the networks. Comcast gave us 2 free basic cable TVs even after we had to use the adapter boxes so that stinks. But oh well. I'm excited to get the better Internet (the one upgrade we chose rather than HBO/Showtime, but you know I will get Showtime as soon as Dexter is back!) and by switching our landline to FIOS we saved some money there and gained unlimited long distance. There are perks, but we will pay more than our old awesome rate. It is what it is so now all that's left is to get excited! And learn a whole new set of channels. I honestly still don't know all the ones here, and I have had this line up since 2002. My fingers still type in the numbers from my childhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment