Monday, January 23, 2012

Year 3 - Day 23 - January 23

Today, I did something I have done in a REALLY long time.

I had McDonalds for dinner. I had a few fries in December when we stopped at McD's before our ATV tour, but I didn't think it was smart to eat a whole meal there for the first time in awhile right before jumping on a 4 wheeler in the middle of nowhere for a few hours. Things I noticed:

1 - Fries - Still delicious. They are so good. I never eat here, but I still think their fries are the best ones out there.

2 - Chicken McBites - They must be piloting them in our general area, because I have been seeing the signs for awhile but didn't see them at the McD's in Arizona where we stopped. They are going for "popcorn chicken" but fall a little short. The few in there that were actually hunks of chicken were decent. Most of my pieces were just fried hunks of breading though. Maybe I got the bottom of the basket? It seemed to me they were almost the Chicken Selects crumbs. However, this container was only 99 cents, so I guess I got what I paid for.

3 - The shake. Oh my goodness. When she first put it on my tray, I thought I had misordered or she had given me the wrong thing. But this is what their shakes look like now! (After a quick check of the ever helpful picture menu) It still tasted like a standard McD's shake, but I liked the whipped cream addition and the cool cup.

4 - My shake cost as much as the other two things put together. The fries were $1, chicken $0.99, and shake $1.89 (they're all small or snack sized portions)

5 - The people watching added to my meal. ;) I had school, a meeting, and then stamping club tonight so there just wasn't time to go home. I don't think I'll go out of my way to go back to McD's anytime soon, but for 5 bucks, it was fun. And I loved my shake and fries. Oh, the unhealthiness!

P.S. I haven't given up all fast food! We really don't eat fast food very often, but when we go for grease it's almost always Chik Fil A. I also love Taco Bell, it's my guilty pleasure. Also, we get Subway on vacation sometimes when we're tired of eating out and don't want to spend a lot. It's a sad fact of getting older that my stomach can't handle fast food that much anymore! :( Give me back that teenage metabolism and iron stomach anyday!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Chick-fil-a's chocolate shake. I think its the best fast food shake out there.

    ReplyDelete