Saturday, January 28, 2012

Year 3 - Day 28 - January 28

I'm laying low this weekend and chilling on the couch. While I do nothing, I've been working my way through a pile of kids books I need to read. Here's one of my new ones that I'm really enjoying. I can really see the little kids loving it because it breaks the fourth wall and begs (well, demands) for audience participation. You see, this cat has a book of cat secrets, but he will only share them with other cats. Therefore, the reader must prove that he or she is indeed a cat.

This whole breaking the fourth wall in children's picture books is not completely new (See: There Is A Monster At The End Of This Book by Lovable Furry Old Grover from my childhood) but it is definitely a trend right now. I personally enjoy it and this is another good addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment