Friday, September 23, 2011

Year 2 - Day 265 - September 23

My parents got here yesterday afternoon & are staying for a week. We went out to dinner with all four parents tonight in Havre de Grace, but did I think to take a picture then? No because I was having fun. :) Luckily I thought to take this one this morning because it made me giggle. This is "Boardwalk Bear." When I was younger we used to go to the boardwalk one night a summer in Seaside. Back then, Seaside was a little more family oriented - now it's the home of the MTV Beach House and (I think?) the Jersey Shore people. Quite the different clientele! One summer, I spent all of my boardwalk money at a "spin the wheel" booth, trying to win this bear. He used to have a scarf, but the scarf is tied around a large horse stuffed animal at school now. (The kids move the clothing around on all the animals all the time.) You'll see he's also sporting a neon braided bracelet. A lot of my little kid animals are at work because there's no place for them here. It's funny to see kids carrying around my old toys. They all love the Popple as well as the pillows that my brother & I made in middle school home ec class. But this bear for some reason shows up in a different place every day. I don't know why!

No comments:

Post a Comment