Sunday, September 11, 2011

Year 2 - Day 253 - September 11

As exciting as the opening night of the NFL was, I'm sure today is even more exciting for football fans around town. Today's the Ravens first game that counts. Late on Friday night my husband got offered a ticket with his friends, so he is down there. I'm home doing homework and occasionally checking the score and listening from the other room. So far, the Ravens are actually playing well. Hopefully they remember that the football game is 60 minutes long and keep playing hard until the end.

Of course today is also the 10th anniversary of 9/11. I was student teaching and the 1st graders in my classroom had no comprehension of what was going on. I remember all the parents coming to get their kids early, and the little ones saying things like "Wow there sure are a lot of people with dentist and doctor appointments today!" I guess their only reference for why kids would go home early would be for appointments. Other older kids were saying things like "Are the mosquitos coming?" or "Was there a bad shark attack?" because it was the summer of West Nile and lots of shark attacks. Amazing how their brains would just grasp for something, because they knew something was up but had no idea what.

No comments:

Post a Comment