Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Year 2 - Day 256 - September 14

The most devastating thing happened at work today.

They (sort of unofficially since it's not on paper, but officially in the sense that they're policing it now)
OUTLAWED SNEAKERS AT WORK.

Seriously. I love my job. I really do. But I don't have a desk job. I run around, I check books in and out, I sit on the floor, I shelve books, I teach kids, etc. Everything that all the people do in big libraries, I do it all plus the teaching.

And now I can't do it in sneakers.

The first thing I did is go to the mall. Normally I don't shop at Macy's because I'm not rich, but I had some giftcards and I matched it with a sale to buy some "walking shoes." I'm not wearing them until tomorrow when I get them approved, in case they count as sneakers and I have to bring them back. They're black though and definitely not something you'd wear to the gym, so I'm hoping they work.

I'm usually willing to let crazy policies just go, but this one is really getting under my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment