Thursday, September 1, 2011

Year 2 - Day 243 - September 1

Recently out of nowhere Moose started having stomach issues. It started after his most recent "check the lump from the vaccine" appointment in which he hissed and snapped at the vet for the first time, so I think it perhaps it started with stress. Whatever the reason, he was using his litter box appropriately for pee and after one inappropriate closet pooping incident, he wasn't going at all. I read that wet cat food can help their systems regulate themselves, so I splurged and bought a couple cans.

Oh. My. Goodness. Not only did it solve the problem (whew) but he is now crazy when it comes to food. I am not switching him all the way to wet food because it's a pain in the butt. However, I'm giving him a portion of a can twice a day to go with his dry food. More of a supplement than an entire diet change. This seems to be working on his stomach and life is good. However, he has completely changed. He used to eat to live, now he lives to eat. As soon as I pick the can and a spoon up, he goes nuts and starts howling and running to his bowl. It's gotten to the point where sometimes he howls just if I pick up silverware for us. I couldn't believe that the box of food says a can for every 3 pounds of cat a day. That'd be 5 cans a day! He eats dry food when he's hungry and gets like a table spoon of wet food morning and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment