Monday, September 19, 2011

Year 2 - Day 261 - September 19

Heh, I knew this was a bad picture but I didn't realize HOW bad until I uploaded it. Why the picture of my phone? Because I need to do a mini rant.

My alma mater calls like clockwork once a year to ask me for money. It's always a current student reading the exact same script. They ask me to confirm my address and all that jazz (which I do, because I like to get the magazine) and then they pretend like they care about my career. Of course they soon get to the real reason for the call - the asking for money portion. Last week, a girl called during dinner. I did the confirmation of contact info and then said I was sorry but I was very busy and didn't have time to talk.

Today they called back! They just wanted to ask for money again! I was a little more curt this time. I feel bad being mean to a kid who is probably just getting service hours, but seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment