Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 181 - June 30

We are in the midst of a climate war at our house.  The sun shines on the thermostat in the afternoon, so it gets warm really quickly and then blows the AC like crazy.  I prefer not to pay to make the house so cold that I need a blanket, but he gets hot easily.  76 is way too cold for me when it's actually blowing.  Unfortunately, if we make it much warmer than this downstairs, it hits mid-90's upstairs in our bedroom.  Thank goodness for ceiling fans!

2 comments:

  1. have you considered moving the thermostate so it isn't in the sun OR putting a shade on whatever is letting the light in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have it shaded from direct sunlight, but the dining room in general is a sauna. I'm thinking of having it professionally moved elsewhere in the house, but I haven't figured out the best place yet.

    ReplyDelete