Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 170 - June 19

Last night & this morning, we made these cinnamon rolls.  I have wanted to try it for awhile, and have been waiting for a weekend where I had a few hours at night to get them ready followed by a day where I  didn't have to be anywhere in the morning so I could do part 2.

The ingredients to these delicious hunks of yumminess (was that redundant?) are not healthy in anyway, but boy were they good.

Things we learned to fix for next time - spend the time to roll the dough out more.  The slab was still pretty thick when we slathered on the swirl.  Also, wait even more time before putting the icing on.

These were more cake-like than the rolls that come in the tube from the grocery store.  I forgot to take the butter out of the fridge in time for it to become room temperature, so I used the microwave.  It got a little more than room temp, and I think that inhibited the yeast from rising as much as it normally would. 

I wish we had a food scale so I could weigh one.  They were crazy heavy.  To round out the breakfast, we had turkey bacon (which was WAY better than I thought it would be) and the last of the hardboiled eggs from salad night earlier this week.  Thank goodness for that, because this cinnamon roll by itself would have killed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment