Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 161 - June 10

You have probably heard about the new fad of Silly Bandz.  If not, well, perhaps you don't spend time with small children. :)  These are the new jelly bracelets/slap bracelets type fad.  When they're off, they make crazy shapes.  Then you can put them on your arm by the dozens.  Luckily, our school didn't really hit the craze until the last 2 weeks.  It's been all over the country much longer than that, based on other blogs I've been reading.  Since they're different, it is apparently fun to take them off and line them up on your leg/desk/arm/notebook/library book/ etc. to look at and admire your collection.  In my classroom, the rule is that they are either on you or they are on me. 

Yesterday, I hit the motherlode as a 4th grade girl took off *15* at one time!!!!!!!  There were all kinds of cool shapes.  But because these things are way more money than they should be, I put them in an envelope and gave them back at the end of the day.

This one, however, is mine.  It was sitting on the floor in my classroom this morning when I got there.  I guess someone was playing with a bunch and didn't realize they missed one when they re-banded themself.  Alllllllllll mine.

Is it a bat? A dinosaur? A dragon? I can't tell.  And since there are knockoffs now, the silly bandz website is not helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment