Sunday, November 27, 2011

Year 2 - Day 340 - November 27

For many a year, Mike has wanted to put up Christmas lights. We had a few issues to overcome before it was a possibility. First, we needed a house. Then, a ladder. (Thank you, Amazon, for making that a reality!) (Holy cow look at all those bushes in that old picture!) Our last issue was the lack of outdoor power plugs. Luckily, on our trip to Christmas Tree Shops, I found an outdoor power strip with a long extension cord. I also got my hands on a bunch of lights for a really great price. Since I'm a weakling, Sarah and Bryan helped us get them up today after Mike's birthday Duclaw lunch. Bryan held the ladder while Sarah & I fed him lights. It was a little too bright when I took this picture today, so you can't see the colored ones on the bushes and around the door, but they're there! I'm not sure that Mike wanted to spend his birthday doing manual labor at the top of an extension ladder, but the lights are pretty so I think he believes it was worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment