Friday, November 11, 2011

Year 2 - Day 324 - November 11

This is a screen capture from the Baltimoresun.com this morning. If you look at the last sentence in the paragraph, you'll see that it says "Jones few 32 combat missions."

Really? You're not even going to proofread your captions, and you want me to *PAY* for your website? I think not.

The Sun allows you a certain amount of free page views a month, but then defaults to the "pay now" screen. Last week I was trying to read about the top 50 restaurants in the area, and sadly found out that each restaurant on the list counted as one of my website views. Forget that. It's annoying, because I do like the local news aspect, but they'll never get my money because today's typo is not an example of a rare occurrence.

Happy 11/11/11! I remember randomly that I was in the Annapolis Mall (pre-renovations) on 8/8/88. Why do I remember that? I don't know. But I remember there being lots of signs for sales. One of those random moments that's stuck in my memory.

2 comments:

  1. There is probably a more technical workaround, but I seem to be having success getting around the page view issue by well timed hitting of the stop button on my browser. Since the page loads completely before the pop up comes I have been able to stop it so far.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete