Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Year 2 - Day 336 - November 23

This is why I don't bake more often.

I made a lot of messes today, but one takes the cake.

The things I made required several eggs. After cracking & using them, the shells were sitting in the sink. When I was getting ready to do the dishes, I turned on the faucet intending to fill up the bowl with water.

However, I moved the faucet to the left a little as I as bending down to the right to fill the dishwasher. I didn't notice that the water was NOT going into the bowl. Instead, it was streaming into 1/2 an egg shell, which was lying in the sink in the shape of a little tiny cup. The water was then bouncing out of that egg shell and directly on to the counter in a perfect arc. (Our sink is really shallow, as you can tell from the bowl sticking out of it.)

It would have been nice to notice that for the first 10 seconds while my attention was on dishwasher loading. It was quite the flood.

So yeah, that's one of the reasons why I don't bake more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment