Monday, October 31, 2011

Year 2 - Day 313 - October 31


When we visit my parents, they have to rent a car to drive us all around because my parents are old (sorry, it's true, parents) retired people with 2 seater sports cars. Usually it's a lot cheaper to rent the cars from the neighborhood branch of the car rental agencies rather than driving out to the airport to pick up a car. This year, my dad found that it was cheaper at the airport. To save trips and driving, he called to see if Mike & I would just pick it up when we got there and drive it to the house. No problem. He told me the Southwest.com-get-frequent-flier-miles price and it beat the Hotwire.com price I had showing on my screen. So...I pulled Southwest.com up on Safari and got the window on the left. I read him the prices and he acted like I was a crazy person. No matter how many times we read each other the price, our numbers weren't matching.

I remembered a similar issue with Hotwire from the past, so I opened firefox and did the same search. I came up with the prices in the window on the right. $40 cheaper, just by switching browsers! No cookies involved because I've never price checked a car in Tucson before. Weird, weird, weird. (For the record, Chrome matched the FireFox price.)

No comments:

Post a Comment