Saturday, October 8, 2011

Year 2 - Day 280 - October 8



For a very long time, I have wanted a North Face winter coat. Last year seemed like it was really going to be the year it happened, but everyone was out of the good colors in my size. This year I decided to jump before winter gets here. Problem? All the coats at stores near us were not colors I wanted. A weird green, a super bright orange/red, and a white were all I could find. After visiting two Dick's Sporting Goods, a Sports Authority, two Macy's, and a random sports store in the mall, I needed to dig deeper. The internet told me to go to either Tyson's or King of Prussia because they had North Face stores. Off I went, and finally, I walked out of a store with a North Face coat. Silly? Probably. But I have 2 jobs and work my butt off, so if I want to buy a coat that I'll keep for a long time, then I'm going to do it!

P.S. I'm sure I just ensured 10 warm winters in a row with no snow. You're welcome, Baltimore. :)


Once upon a time, (fall 2000 & spring 2001) I saw bedroom set at Macy's. It was Tommy Hilfiger brand and looked just like the flowered pattern you see above. (Not those stripes though.) It was super expensive, since it was Tommy at Macy's, so I didn't buy it. Over the next few years, the pieces were retired from the Macy's collection and showed up at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and other stores in that genre. I started with the comforter and (sort of) matching sheets from Kmart. Then my mom found the sheets and a couple shams. One day I came across the pleated valances. It was a lovely set. Then, I got married. We got a new bed and flowers weren't really on the top of our list for a bedroom set. The Tommy set got relegated to guest room status. So that was a really long way of saying "WOAH-LOOK AT THE PILLOW I SAW IN MACY'S TODAY!" Unfortunately it wasn't on sale like all the other Tommy patterns so I couldn't justify buying it, but it was a random fun find. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment