Monday, June 13, 2011

Year 2 - Day 163 - June 13

Friday night, I was terribly sad to find out that hockey was on instead of Friday Night Lights. I don't have DirecTV, so I'm several months behind some people. That means lots of spoiler avoiding! I'm really sad that nobody watched this show, because it is fantastic, but the lack of watchers did make spoiler avoidance a little easier. :)

The good news is that on Saturday morning, I found out the DVD was on the new releases list at the library! (Yes, NBC shows the show SO late that the DVD was already released. Insane.) I squealed (for real - ask my husband) and ran to the library to get it. I then spent all of my Saturday afternoon on the couch watching the last string of episodes.

I thought it was a good ending and I am glad the writers knew the end was coming. That always makes for a better series finale!

If you have not seen this show, you need to get your butt on Netflix streaming and get started! I believe some seasons are there. Then you need to rent the rest.  Be warned, much of season 2 is stupid because of a poor storyline followed by the writers strike, but it gets better. It's also one of the few shows that survived & grew from a "reboot."

No comments:

Post a Comment