Thursday, June 2, 2011

Year 2 - Day 152 - June 2

Tonight's project was a graduation card for a family friend. I wanted to do the cool ribbon tassel I've seen on other projects, but I don't have any gold and she graduated from Towson. A visit to the Christmas box sort of solved the problem. It isn't as good as the one in my head made of ribbon, but it works and it's gold! My finger is in the picture because if I don't hold the point down ....

it pops open. Pardon the shadows - they make it look uneven. It's just a triangle fold with a couple corners cut off. The bottom piece of white is the shape of home plate and the top piece of white is a square with a triangle on top. (That makes the pocket to slide in the gift card or check.) I got the idea from Krissie at Strictly Stampin, who does lots of fun folds. I knew I was going to need this one, so I tucked it away. I decided to just use black & white to stay in graduation mode, so it's not very colorful, but I'm ok with that. I didn't want to use yellow after using gold for the tassel.

No comments:

Post a Comment