Saturday, June 11, 2011

Year 2 - Day 161 - June 11

This is a terrible picture, sorry.

I know what you're thinking. That's a lot of frozen sugar. Yeah, it is. But I had a Purina catalina & 2 Nestle catalinas to use, and sales and coupons! The cat food is an odd grocery store purchase for me (cheaper at Walmart, Target, & BJ's) but with the catalina, it was worth it.

Purina Cat Food $6.99
Luigi's Italian Ice $0.99 (x4)
Nestle Drumsticks & Ice Cream Pops $2.59 (x4)

Subtotal: $21.31

Coupons & Catalinas
Purina -$5.00
Nestle -$5.00
Nestle -$5.00 (again)
Luigi's -$0.99 (it was $0.50 but it doubled to $0.99)
Luigi's -$0.99
Luigi's -$0.99
Luigi's -$0.99

Subtotal $21.31
Coupons $18.96

Total $2.35 plus tax

It will take us months to eat this much dessert ... and there are some other things I earned for just about as cheap from the other 4 weeks of this process.  So our second freezer is full of dessert now. :) But if you consider it costs $5 a person to go to Coldstone or $3 a person to go to Blooms, the 24 italian ice cups for free and 30 individual ice creams for 36 cents is a pretty good plan. I like that they're all individual servings, too, because we're good about only eating one. If I scoop ice cream into a bowl, there's no telling how many servings I eat. :)

We also went to the farmer's market this morning, but I didn't get much. I do like the cheddar Parmesan bread at the bakery stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment