Friday, April 1, 2011

Year 2 - Day 90 - April 1

I left the house this morning (2 1/2 hours later than usual!) for a meeting & lunch with my MLLI group.  I planned this as a personal day a really long time ago, and was looking forward to it.  But it turns out that the day wasn't just for a meeting!  Mike's friends called & suggested we go bowling later in the evening.  Since I thought it was silly to drive all the way home and then back to Timonium, I first killed some time at Towson Town Center.  I was the only person there who wasn't rich and/or a Scandinavian nanny with a flock of children.  Most of the stores were empty with several clerks chit chatting with each other.

After getting my fill of rich people stores window shopping, I went to TJ Maxx down the street to do some real shopping.  They had all kinds of outdoor and garden items for great prices.  I got a pan to do pizza on the grill, some gardening gloves & tools, and an assortment of other items for bargain prices.

Mike gets out of work early on Friday, so we continued our time killing by seeing the King's Speech.  I read weeks ago about them re-releasing the movie with a PG13 rating to widen the audience, but was unaware that the changeover was happening today.  We realized we were seeing the PG13 version when one scene had some bad word dubbing.  It's kind of crazy that one scene with bad words can change a whole movie's rating, especially because the language in this movie was used for a purpose.  Excellent movie, I approve of its Oscar.

Finally, we met up with friends at Michael's for dinner.  I made the best decision ever with my dinner.  I wasn't starving since I had a late lunch, so I got the ceasar salad with the $6 filet add-on.  It was almost a whole steak!  I'm glad I didn't spend $30 on the actual steak.  We never ate at the restaurant for all the time Mike lived over there, but it was good.  Everyone enjoyed their meal, and we had a wide range of food between appetizers, salads, sandwiches & entrees.

Bowling was fun too ... we did duck pin because there was a shorter wait, and I didn't completely stink. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment