Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Year 2 - Day 116 - April 27

We took a trip to the vet today for the 2nd time in less than a week.  (This breaks our previous record of 2 times in 4 years.)  Since he's an indoor cat, I honestly just don't worry about it.  I found a lump on his neck recently and had it checked out last week.  The doc wasn't concerned, but updated his rabies shot while we were there.  Ever since he got the shot, he's been messing with the injection site & pulling out his fur in a larger and larger splotch, so today they asked me to bring him back.  I think he now knows the word "cage" because when I said to the girl on the phone that we'd be there as soon as I got him in the cage, he BOLTED.  It was pretty comical.  Luckily Mike had just gotten home from work and participated in the catching.  He would not come out of the cage once we were there, either.  He tried all kinds of acrobatics to keep himself in there. The trauma the vet & I inflicted upon him, coupled with a nose to nose meeting with a hyper pitbull mix who wanted to be Moose's best friend pretty much added up to the worst day of the poor cat's life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment