Friday, April 29, 2011

Year 2 - Day 118 - April 29

Full (obvious) disclosure - I didn't take this picture. :)  I was going to take a picture of the TV, but this one is widely published - I screen captured this one from the UK Daily News.

Ok, so in the hours between me stealing this picture from the news and getting around to posting, the world has caught on to the real reason this picture is awesome.  Hint - it has nothing to do with the bride and groom.  How hilarious is the 3 year old covering her ears and scowling?  She is going to be famous for this for the rest of her life.

I very strongly remember watching scenes of Charles & Diana's wedding.  This is confusing to me, because I would have been just a couple weeks older than 2 years old.  Maybe I am remembering tapes that were shown years later?  But I remember sitting on the couch in my old PA house watching a small TV next to the fireplace.  It seems odd to me that I'd be able to remember it that young.  Also, it was a morning wedding like William & Kate (Wikipedia is telling me these things, FYI, I don't have royal knowledge off the top of my head) and I'm pretty sure nobody would have woken me up at 6am to watch a wedding when I was 2 years old.  But for whatever reason, the memory is there!

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure your memory is from Charles and Diana and not Andrew and Fergie's wedding. I finally realized that the memory of watching a royal wedding that I had was theirs and not Charles and Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your question was good enough to make me think & google to check! We already lived in MD by the Andrew & Fergie wedding, so that wouldn't jive with my PA house memory.

    I know my mother reads this blog - I hoped she'd solve the mystery. :)

    ReplyDelete