Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 233 - August 21

Today, 3 friends & I took a "Dessert Crawl" through Fells Point. 

We started at Pitango Gelato, which had a big selection of both gelato and sorbet.  Some of the flavors were a little too wacky for me to try (Cardamom, for one) but I settled on lemon and mojito sorbet.  It was probably a good choice, since we were making a bunch of stops. 

For lunch, we stopped at Bagby Pizza to make use of a Groupon Alison had recently purchased.  I wasn't that hungry and knew I needed room in my stomach for the rest of the journey.  After eyeballing the size of the pizza other people were eating, I just ordered a slice.  I didn't know a slice was going to wind up being a quarter of a pizza!  But it was good. :)

After meandering back to Fells Point, we hit up Maggie Moo's.  I have been to this particular franchise a few times in my life, and each time the marble/granite mixing table hasn't been icy and frosty like they are elsewhere.  The other disappointing thing was the cookie dough mix-ins.  At Coldstone, they take a hunk of cookie dough out and mix it in.  Maggie Moo's used the pellets like you can get at the movie theater.  My Cake Batter with Twix, Cookie Dough Pellets, and fudge was tasty - but it was soup by the time we got outside.

Finally, we went to Mr. Yogoto.  The store itself is great.  It has a tiny TV with old school original Nintendo!  Also, the back room is "The Park" with lawn chairs and fake grass.  Super funny.  I liked this the least of the desserts I had today.  It was frozen yogurt, but not like TCBY.  TCBY is very close to soft ice cream in flavor.  This place really tasted like yogurt.  Very different.  And they didn't just have flavors like "Vanilla" or "Chocolate." The one I had was named "Tangy."  And that's about as descriptive as I can be.  (Note - Just checked the website and they claim that caramel is a flavor of the month.  I definitely would have gone that route if it had been an option!)

For our evening entertainment, I was introduced into the wackiness that is the Charm City Roller Girls.  Well, really I was introduced to roller derby in general.  It's a crazy sport but it was really fun to watch!  I bet all of those girls are home on ice now...

No comments:

Post a Comment