Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 223 - August 11

Since I was in Columbia for work this morning, I stopped by Arundel Mills in the afternoon.  My original idea was to attempt to buy some clothes, but that never works for me at Arundel Mills.  So in lieu of clothes purchasing, I enjoyed 2 things.

1 - The scene in the food court as depicted above.  The black stripe you see on the balls is a water and air tight zipper.  According to the sign posted next to the activity, they unzip the ball and let you in, and then fill the ball with fresh air that will be more than sufficient for the 5 minutes you'll be playing.  (Cost was $10 for 5 minutes) It looked like something that would be fun to do if you knew all your fellow water gerbils.  There was quite a crowd watching.  I took a picture and went on my merry way.

2 - I got re-prints of the receipts for our wedding rings.  (Exciting, right?) We got them at a Zales outlet center in the mall because we both wanted simple things and we happened to be killing time there one day and the outlet was having a super sale and giving away free cookies.  The cookies got Mike in the door, the sale got out to buy our rings.  Since it was an outlet, they were wacky sizes - so we bought the protection plan that offers free resizing for life.  (It was cheaper than the cost of one resizing at our local jeweler.)  We were assured that all Zales (outlet or not) would honor the plan, so we went on our merry way.  The local shop did do our resizing, but after that we lost the receipts and the proof of protection plan.  Our local store has been zero help.  They claimed that the "real" stores can't look anything up about stuff bought at an outlet because they're different entities.  (Insert rant here.) So, since I was at Arundel Mills anyway, I went in and they printed me new receipts.  And gave me a person to email to tattle on the local store, because what they told me was false. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment