Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 224 - August 12

About 8 years ago, I purchased this comforter set for my first "all by myself" apartment.  I had my eye on it a year before that, but it is Tommy Hilfiger brand and was at stores like Macy's and was super expensive.  I bought mine at either TJMaxx or Marshalls.  It started with the comforter, and then I started stalking the clearance racks at Macy's as well as the "random packages of sheets and pillowcases" areas of every local TJMaxx and Marshalls until I had a full set.  For years, my mom or I would find one little piece.  Eventually, I had the comforter, 2 sheet sets, 4 pillowcases, and 2 matching valances.  (Of course now it's in a room with 3 windows and is almost a decade old pattern. Doh.)

When we got married, we registered for a Nautica king size set from a store.  We were lucky enough to get the whole bed set from my school as a group gift - which was spectacular.  We also got the matching bathroom rugs and shower curtains.  It made me happy.  Plus, we got a set of sheets that is a diffrent brand but matches really well.  Still, I suppose out of habit, I always keep my eyes open at those types of stores.  Yesterday, I came across a whole aisle of Nautica old patterns at Burlington Coat Factory when I was at Arundel Mills.  At first I could only find a small set that matched our comforter, but then I hit the jackpot and found one that's our size. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment