Friday, June 22, 2012

Year 3 - Day 174 - June 22

Since my brother was here earlier in the week, I'm catching up with all my DVR shows tonight. "Bunheads" is a recent addition to the ABC Family lineup. If I had just read "Ballet show" I wouldn't have tuned in. However, the cast and creative team hooked me immediately and I have been looking forward to the show for awhile. (There was even an extended commercial at the movie theater before Avengers, which made me laugh.)

First of all, the creator is Amy Sherman-Palladino who created/wrote Gilmore Girls. That's a big bonus. The leading actresses are Sutton Foster, who is a broadway girl (and fantastic) and Kelly Bishop who was the grandma in Gilmore Girls. (She's a completely different and awesome character here.) In addition, the 2 episodes so far have managed to include Cameron from Ferris Bueller, the piano player from Glee, Gypsy from Gilmore Girls and Billy Riggins' wife from FNL. 


I am sure it has low ratings, but I'm hoping that they're high enough for summertime on an outlying network to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment