Sunday, June 10, 2012

Year 3 - Day 162 - June 10

This is another picture I've been wanting to snap for awhile, however, I had to wait until I wasn't the driver to get the shot. This is on 95 near White Marsh where they're putting in the "Lexus Lanes." (I love that moniker - it's the express lanes that will have a toll as opposed to riding on 95 for free. They're thinking people will pay to skip the traffic. I'm thinking what if there's an accident on them, then people paid for nothing. But time will tell) There are barriers up between the existing lanes and what will eventually be the new lanes. (They're paved and have been for quite some time, but they're not connected to anything yet so they are just sitting there.)

Why, why, WHY are the street signs up so high? There are no U-turn signs, one way signs, speed limit signs, etc and they're all on these super high poles. (The smaller pole to the left is the one I'm talking about.) I understand that you have to put the big ones up high because they're wide and could hit cars, but why the little ones? Regular speed limit signs on the side of the road are a normal height. I just don't understand, and I've never seen it anywhere else. Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment