Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 202 - July 21

Today was a long day of travel.  At least we only had to stop at one additional airport on the way home!  Vegas was beautiful and sunny today and we had great views of the strip both landing and taking off.  (My only sadness with San Diego's comfortable weather was that we didn't see much sunshine due to the low clouds that were keeping the heat out.)

This is my one gift to myself (other than the standard ornaments) from the trip.  Last week when I saw the All Star Game, I saw people wearing baseball Mickey Ears and decided that's what I would hunt for.  I was so excited to see 2 pairs left on the (really picked over) All Star Display at the big store in Downtown Disney.  But then I realized they were 20 bucks which is just plain silly for a hat that will get worn once.

But THEN ... I saw Orioles Mickey.  I'm guessing they at one point had these for every team (and I did see a Padres one at the Padres ballpark later in the vacation) but there were only 3 left and each one was Orioles.  Even if the Orioles stink right now, and even if I enjoy following the Yankees and watching real baseball ... I was still an O's fan first! 

They did have me-sized versions of these around, as well.  I saw 2 (Saint Louis and something else?) in Downtown Disney so I imagine they were all over Anaheim or LA like the cows/fish/etc that so many cities have done over the last decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment