Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 200 - July 19

After visiting the Wild Animal Park on Saturday, today we hit up the famous Zoo.  It was a perfectly lovely zoo, if you like zoos, but it was nowhere near as awesome as the Wild Animal Park.  I liked the giant herds meandering around at the Park instead of caged, pacing animals at the zoo like all other zoos.  Since the pandas are so famous here, I anticipated them having a great exhibit and enclosure.  I think the DC zoo pandas have a better place though!  I did like the polar bear's home.  Most of the animals were lazy again today because, well, many wild animals hunt at night or at dawn.  Some zoo out there should jump on that fact and have nocturnal hours!

After the zoo, we visited the USS Midway which is the aircraft carrier museum docked in the bay.  Many parts of the museum were similar or identical to places on the battleship we visited in Hawaii last year.  But the flight deck was pretty cool with all the fold-up-wing airplanes!

To end our evening, we headed out to Coronado island.  I think it was my favorite town that we visited.  I found my dream house (the pictures don't do it justice because the house was still under construction at that point.  Too bad I don't have 10 million bucks laying around. :)  We parked by the ocean, walked near the hotel and then across the island to another brewpub - Coronado Brewery.  Mike was in heaven because we got there at the of happy hour so he was able to try a beer and several different kinds of seafood items for half price.  The walk back took awhile but the communities were so cute it didn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment