Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 191 - July 10

Today, I turned 31.  It has been a LONG 365 days since I last had a birthday.  Between the housing situation, my health scare, my husband's injuries that kept him from running which is his favorite thing to do, and a general feeling of loneliness for a long stretch, I would not put this past year on my "I'll relive THAT one!" list.  I am anxious for this coming year to be better! 

For my birthday present, we're taking the VIP Warner Brothers Studio Tour and going to Disneyland for a day.  (WHEE!!!)  However, my husband wanted something that he could wrap.  He was in Hallmark last night and realized the Christmas Ornament Unveiling Party was in the morning.  (Seriously? On July 10?) So he went back today and picked me up a "New Home" ornament.  It was pretty much the best thing that happened in the last 12 months, so it is fitting. :)

To round out my day, we headed to the Melting Pot for dinner.  I always enjoy it, but the men in my life have tended to roll their eyes in the restaurant's general direction.  (Father, Brother, now Husband) :)  But he said he was on board so off we went!  They do have a fun, different summer menu with a lot of "island flair."  He had these crazy lettuce wraps instead of a salad and we had a Caribbean flavor broth for cooking instead of the regular stuff.  For dessert, we picked Smores because we hadn't had that before.  YUMMY.  I picked up a library movie called "Post Grad" with the girl who played Rory in Gilmore Girls and the boy who is Matt in FNL.  It was not that good, but it probably wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen.  It made me laugh in parts.  Carol Burnett was the grandma and Jane Lynch was the mom, so that made it worth it.  It was probably a fun movie to make. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment