Monday, February 27, 2012

Year 3 - Day 58 - February 27

Since our summer vacation may include a trip to our great neighbor to the north, I am in need of a new passport. My old one expired a year or two ago and I never got around to renewing it. There are a lot of (PITA!) steps involved. The actual application is no big deal. The changing my name thing added a whole new layer. I needed a marriage certificate, certified of course. They don't take cash or personal checks. Just cashier's checks and money orders. When Mike went to the bank today to take care of that, he found out it was a lot more money just to get either one of those things than the $5.50 he needed to put in that format. Luckily the bank took pity on him and sent him to 7-11 where they have cheap(er but not cheap) money orders. So what was supposed to be a 20 minute errand took significantly longer than that. Oops. We have an extra now just in case another reason pops up to need one. But this one is getting sent away so that I can go visit America North.

No comments:

Post a Comment